Monday, October 31, 2011

El Crater y El Mitad del Mundo

Wow! we had a long day yesterday :) I slept in a bit and got up and had a late breakfast with Vero ( my host mom). After a bit of relaxing we went to El Crater/ The crater restaurant. We had a gorgeous meal and we got to look down into this inactive crater that now has a population. After we went to see El Mitad del Mundo, The middle of the world. I stood at the 0, 0 latitude longitude and put one foot in the northern hemisphere and 1 in the southern. We watched some tango dancing and got to see some traditional indigenous people in their daily dress.

After that we bought bus tickets for Mindo tomorrow and I finally got a chip for my phone! I'm connected to the people of Mindo :)

Today we are going to catch a taxi for the first time and we are going to shop around town.







Con amor, Katy

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. ~Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment