Saturday, December 10, 2011

El Museo de la Ciudad y La Iglesia de la Compañia de Jesus

All of my friends went to the jungle this weekend. I was just getting over a cold so I couldn't join. I'm very very sad! Instead, today I took myself to Quito Colonial (old Quito). I visited El Museo de la Ciudad. It use to be a hospital and now it is a museum about the indigenous people of Quito past to future. They also had plaques about the old hospital. It only cost me 3 dollars to go in. It was a bit more than normal because I'm not Ecuadorian.



Painting of the 7 sins being punished in the inferno.





How would you like to sleep on this bed?



The view of La Virgen de Panacilla from El Museo









Afterward, I went to La Iglesia de la Compañia de Jesus . Sadly I was not able to take pictures inside the church. However it was built by the Jesuits. The whole inside of the church is gold plated. The whole place shined and it was amazingly gorgeous!














Con amor,
Katy

“The worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist.” – Russell Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment