Monday, November 14, 2011

A few more pictures of my class

On Mondays we have a "civic moment" We meet out on the patio and the students sing the national anthem, the school anthem, and the US anthem. They listen to announcements. I figured it was a good chance to show off our kids and their uniforms...









My students ran a mile in gym class. I thought they were going to die in the heat and their UNIFORMS! That's right. They have sweatsuits as uniforms... how comfortable is that?! However we had 1 kid throw up several times and another girl broke down crying and had to go to the nurse. No one likes the mile... especially not in Ecuador. Note the sweat.



Everyday Maggie and I ride the bus to school together. We ride with the secondary school for free. We are the first ones on and the last ones off. It is like a 45 minute ride in the morning and afternoon :( At least we have each other. Lately Maggie and I have taken to sleeping on the bus, that's dangerous when you have a camera lover like me around :)







Con amor!
Katy

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment