Saturday, November 19, 2011

Shoppig in Otavalo y Cuichoca

We did my favorite thing alllll day. SHOPPINNNNGGG!! We all met early in the morning and drove two hours to Otavalo, Ecuador.




Abby and I were buddies that morning. She cuddled on my lap half way to Otavalo.


Vero, Abby and Daniel. The interesting thing about Ecuador is that the children don't sit in safety seats. The kids sat on our laps and in the back of the SUV for the whole trip.





Otavalo is the home of a giant Mercado Artesanía, Indigenous artisan market. They sell jewelry, hammocks, blankets, ceramics, clothing... on and on and on handmade goods. It was a beautiful drive! We drove through the mountains and had a beautiful view of the mountain Imbabura.

I bought all of my Christmas presents. It was the best and most enjoyable Christmas shopping I've ever done!



Afterward we ate dinner in an inactive volcano. The crater had filled water and is now a beautiful lake in the town of Cuicocha








After our long day, I went home and spread out all my beautiful things and looked at them again. Soooo excited!

That night, Vero, Maggie and I went to a play at Vero's school Alliance Academy. The play was fantastic! It was called Fools and the students did an amazing job. Some of the students were performing in their 2nd and 3rd languages.

Les extraño todos!

Katy




“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment