Wednesday, November 9, 2011

First week of school

Well I have started school and my kids are real people! 4th and 5th is sooooo much different than Kinder! The school is amazing and strange. The rooms are disconnected and everything is outside. You walk out the door of your room and you walk through little patios and outside hallways to get to where you are going. I still need a guide becuase I get soooooo lost! haha during recess the kids have free run of the entire campus and they can do whatever they want. There are several different bells so each group knows which is theirs. Our bell is bongos. Strange. Also, we don't teach every period. Today we had 3 free periods, we taught 1 period of language arts, had lunch, had 2 more periods of language arts and then had 2 free periods before we went home. Amazing! So much planning time I don't know what I'm going to do when I go back to the States.









Also, the food is amazing! There is a salad bar with everything you could imagine, a snack bar, a sandwich bar with like fresh roast beef and all different types of meats and additives, and an Ecuadorian food section. It is so cheap too. I am spending tops three dollars for every lunch. My teacher is so sweet and very helpful. I'm really enjoying this placement although it is different!

Con amor! Katy

Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.

Frank Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment